Wednesday, September 14, 2011

WHAT WAS I THINKING????

What was I thinking when I said I would post again Monday? Argh! Saturday we went out of town to visit old friends, right after I posted that. Then Sunday I met with my two writing groups, and, as always, I left with homework, because my beta readers always have such insightful suggestions. Monday I had book reviews to turn in to Sacramento Book Review -- and I was working on some of those suggestions. Then yesterday (Tuesday) I had a radio interview with Renee Hand. So. Now. A moment to catch my breath. And post.


First, I want to mention how much I enjoyed being interviewed by Renee Hand on her new radio show, http://www.Blogtalkradio.com/storiesfromunknownauthors . She has an easy style that relaxes you and gets rid of your nervousness. You can still hear the interview if you click on that site and then scroll down. You can also hear an earlier interview with Nicole Weaver, author of My Birthday Is September 11, and you can read about the coming interview September 19th with Britt Menzies, author of The Stinky Kid Series.


As a follow-up to the interview, Renee is holding a new give-away of my book, The Fourth Wish, ending on October 15th. If you go to her site, you can read the rules in full in a coming post. But, basically, if you follow both of us, your name goes on the list that will be submitted to random.org. So, if you are following me, and want new chance at a free copy, please go to The Crypo-Capers Review and follow her blog.


Second, I was pleasantly suprised to find that I received The Versatile Blogger Award from Elizabeth at elizabethannewrites. Elizabeth is a cool blogger I met on the Platform Building Campaign hosted by Rachel Harrie . Rachel will be hosting another one in January, and I would really advise getting in on it. For one thing, it's fun. She gives you some writing challenges. (The first one was to write a flash fiction. I'm eagerly awaiting the next two.) For another, you increase your circle of good blogging and writing friends. 


The rules for award recipients are as follows:
1. Thank the person who gave it to you and link back to them. (done)
2. Tell seven things about yourself. (See below. Way below.)
3. Pass the award along to 15 recently discovered blogs and let the bloggers know.  (Doing that one before #2, and it's a chance for you to meet some new bloggers, too, so do go visit them. Here they are:


1. Shallee McArthur                                           10. Brenda Sills 
2. Gary Gauthier at Literary Snippets                   11. Susan Kaye Quinn 
3. M. G. Higgins                                                 12. Joanna Marple
4. Ron Smith at Prince Balthazar                          13. Gail Shepherd at Paradoxy
5. JR-Williams                                                    14. Rebecca Bany at 
6. J. A. Bennett                                                       Memoirs of Me and Mine
7. Katharina Gerlach                                            15. Donna K. Weaver at
8. Robyn Campbell at Putting Pen to Paper               Weaving a Tale or Two      
9. David Powers King 


As for Seven Things About Me . . . . 
1. My husband and I met through a cat named Meathead. Meathead (who is no more) has   
         a very special place in our hearts.
2. I am not sporty at all, but I used to love to rollerskate. (Forget ice-skating!)
3. I love the Greek Festival, and I love Greek circle dancing.
4. I have attempted several times to learn Tamil (the language spoken in the part of India 
         where my husband is from.) Attempts at this finally joined attempts at ice-skating.
5. Neither my husband nor I are campers. We tried to be, but everytime we went, it rained.   
         Camping friends learned not to ask us to go with them. We cook Indian food for 
         them instead. Everyone is much happier.
6. To my surprise, I am becoming absolutely enamoured of technology. Adept at it? Well, 
         that needs work . . . .
7. I have read so many good books by good writers in recent months (years?), that I can no 
         longer say I have a favorite author. I have too many favorites! And what a pleasant
         problem to have.


Everyone have a nice week. I'll try to post before Sunday, but Sunday we are on a plane to Galicia again, so the next post may be next week from Galicia.


Meanwhile, enjoy the new sites; please follow Renee's blog, and October 15th (okay, probaby the 16th), we'll announce the winners of the give-away.

25 comments:

  1. Thanks for the award! I will hop over to enter your giveaway! Best of luck with your writing and your book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you and your husband met through a cat ... and that its name was Meathead makes it an even better story. Thanks for the award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the award! It was fun to get to know more about you. I think that's so cool you've tried to learn to speak an Indian language.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! It's been fun getting to know you! And I totally agree that there are WAY to many good books out there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the award, Elizabeth, I am enjoying following your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank your for selecting my site for the Versatile Blogger award, Elizabeth. It sounds like you had quite a weekend! But being busy is always a good sign. Enjoy the rest of the week and don't work too hard. Thanks also for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the name Meathead -- and wonder why it was called thus.

    Thank you for passing the award on to me too. I'll have to follow up on it after the 22nd though because I'm running a blog-hop-ring thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Galicia again??? I'm so jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for the prize Elizabeth! I'm with you on the camping: I only like it if somebody else does all the work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mitty, congrats on the award. I love your list. You have a genuinely delightful personality.

    (I told you I'd post a comment. :) )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the award, Elizabeth! Fun blog you have. I'll be back to look around a little more in-depth.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations, Mitty, both for receiving this award and for being on Renee's radio show! I'm also glad to hear how much you're enjoying Rachel Harrie's platform-building campaign.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much!! I appreciate it.
    www.rebeccabany.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. To all of you who got awards, you are very welcome.

    Cat and M.G. - Meathead was so named by his owners because he was huge - with a huge head. I was cat-sitting and my husband was a neighbor. I tell him he was my reward for a good deed.

    Susan and Gary - Thanks for the good wishes.

    Joanna and Ron - Glad you are enjoying my blog. Likewise.

    J. A. - I have a friend whose Tee shirt reads, "So many books, so little time!"

    Shallee - "Try" is the key word here! :-)

    Cam - Keep me posted on the blog hop ring. It's such a good idea.

    Gail - And if it doesn't rain . . . .

    Jess - Don't be jealous. Come visit instead. We have a guest room. BTW, your book is on the way.

    Annie - Thanks for the compliment.

    Donna - Thanks for the hugs.

    Michelle, thanks for the good wishes. I think you would like Rachel's next Campaign. I read she is doing it again in January.

    Rebecca - Have a great week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved reading the 7 things about you, Elizabeth. Congrats to your awardees.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on your award! I love the fact about the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there
    Hope you are well. I am in your MG\YA group and I just thought I would stop by and say hello. It's taking me time to get around everybody as I am in two groups. Great blog btw.
    Eve xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Elizabeth, this is truly an honor. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. And I loved learning more about you. I bet Meathead was truly loved by you and your husband. You are truly a very interesting person. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope someday you'll tell us more of the story of Meathead and exactly how you met your husband via the cat. It sounds fascinating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Elizabeth, how funny I came over to say that you've won some awards over at my blog, but I see that you've got one already. I love your seven facts and if you're not too busy there are a couple more awards still waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like you've been mighty busy indeed. Congrats on the award.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well, I'm hooked. How in the world did Meathead bring you and your husband together? New follower and definitely liking your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi, Rachna, good to hear from you! Looking forward to your next post.

    Eve - thanks for stopping by. I hope you'll come again.

    Robyn - thanks for the nice comments.

    Kimberly - about Meathead: It was a co-ed roominghouse where I was cat-sitting, and my husband and I met in the kitchen, where I was feeding Meathead, which, of course, led to an interesting conversation.

    Michelle, thanks so much for the awards. I'll go check them out as soon as I get over jetlag. (My internal clock is topsy turvy right now.)

    Hi, Joy, thanks for the good wishes.

    Nisa, thanks for following me. I'll go check out your blog right now. The Meathead story? Check out reply to Kimberly. (Ah, if Meathead only knew how famous he's become!)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hiya elizabeth,
    You are so welcome and thankyou for stoppping by and commenting on my blog too. It's nice to know i'm not alone with all this widget stuff lol.....We will get there lol :)
    Eve.x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and will respond to them. However, any comments left by "Anonymous" will be automatically deleted.